Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Waterproof Target/Pad Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckydam

Hi All

This is my first post and i am wondering if i can get some help. I am creating a project and looking for preferably a 2 or 3 pin waterproof target/pad connector something like the image below, I do not mind the connection type to the PCB it is more about ensuring that the target is flat. I am looking for this to be as small as possible especially in depth.

Thank you for and and all help!

upload_2017-2-16_16-55-36.png

Hi Mucky
I am not sure what you mean by waterproof connector. Provide more detail of the project and explain what part of the project you want to be water proofed.
Regards,
EG

Edit: Is it the PCB or the connector that needs to be water proofed? The connectors you have shown are not water proof.

Last edited:
Hi Evil Genius
I am looking for pins that are already in a waterproof housing similar to the Yokowo waterproof connector, **broken link removed** but I only require 2 or 3 pins and not 5 and if possible for them to be smaller. The PCB does not need to be waterproof as it will inside an enclosure, I just need a way to link the PCB through a waterproof enclosure to a the outside of the mould so that i can charge the product.

Thanks

Hi Evil Genius
I am looking for pins that are already in a waterproof housing similar to the Yokowo waterproof connector, **broken link removed** but I only require 2 or 3 pins and not 5 and if possible for them to be smaller. The PCB does not need to be waterproof as it will inside an enclosure, I just need a way to link the PCB through a waterproof enclosure to a the outside of the mould so that i can charge the product.

Thanks
Hi Mucky
May be water proofing is not what you want and rather be resistant to outside moisture. My definition of water proof is to be able to be submerged in water and not getting short!
I have done several projects that require wires (connections) to be sealed completely. I came to the conclusion that PIN headers are not easily water proofed. Since your PCB is already in a sealed box then I would suggest you to simply solder the wires (pigtail) to the PCB, bring the wires out of the project box, then worry about wire to wire connectors. Not pin to PCB connectors.
Going that route there are many different types of sealed connectors such as the ones used for 3-pin DMX cables, Maine, or automotive sealed connectors you can find on Amazon and Ebay.
https://www.amazon.com/HIGHROCK-Wat...7685061&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+connectors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back