Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Detecting Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

memnoor

Hi there.....
i need to know about the water detecting sensors as i m working on a microcontroller based mini project, i need such a sensor that detects water which could be used in the water tank, and send signal to the microcontroller..
can i build my own sensor described above? I need guidance and plz help me out regarding this....

Which one of the posts do you want the reply?

Last edited:
It's called the shotgun approach to forum posting, LOL.

Sir, you may find part number LSH-5-01-A from Coto Technology, suitable.

Last edited:
Stupid... Typing in "home made water sensor" into Google will get the answer faster than asking this on even one forum.

For home, personal use, I would make one with a microswitch, level, and float. Or, use two plates of metal to form either a capacitor using the water as a poor dielectric, or a resistor with the water as a poor conductor. It can sense various levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back