Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanted: IC's for solder practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I hope this doesn't end up hijacking the thread.)
I would not think so as the original issue seems to be solved...

I have the same question regarding what to use in the ultrasonic cleaner. While I was cleaning up the new classroom I found a small unit designed for cleaning jewelry.

Given that I am the OP the subject is now on topic :)

hi 3v0,
Its been almost a week now since posting by airmail, if you dont get them by early next week I'll chase the Post Office.:)

I've had stuff take up to three months at times, you pay for air mail, and then they send it surface mail! :(

The PO said 3 weeks surface mail, 1 week airmail.

Well its 1 week tomorrow, anyone taking side bets.?:rolleyes:

I'm very sceptical with post outside the UK, within the UK (or at least most of it) the postal service is absolutely great.

hi,
In my experience, the packages arrives at the destination airport and is then sat on by customs.
Often I have had to go to Heath Row to retrieve an urgent package.

The PO were advised that they are freesamples and of no value.
Document included inside the package to that effect.

I have the same question regarding what to use in the ultrasonic cleaner. While I was cleaning up the new classroom I found a small unit designed for cleaning jewelry.

Given that I am the OP the subject is now on topic :)

Sorry, it was not my intent to be so presumptuous.

So now that it's cleared up that the question is on topic :eek: what do you use in the ultrasonic cleaner? :)

hi 3v0,
Called in the PO this morning, they say it could take a little longer to arrive, but the package is most likely in USA customs.
The PO suggest you contact your local customs office.

I asked the PO to track the package, but they say a least 25 days must have elapsed before they can take action.! I have a copy of the 25 day form, just in case.

A copy of my original PO receipt is attached for reference.

Regards.

Attachments

• 3v0a.png
    3v0a.png
    624.2 KB · Views: 243
Are SOIC's of any use to you? Or TSSOP? I am guessing 'no' on the latter but I have connections to get IC's that failed product test, but it's going to be modern SMT stuff.

Are SOIC's of any use to you? Or TSSOP? I am guessing 'no' on the latter but I have connections to get IC's that failed product test, but it's going to be modern SMT stuff.

I was going to use a heatgun on some old MB to get surface mount parts for my 2nd year people. A best the first year people will get to SOICS by the end of the year.

Look for my PM.

Got the PM, I sent you my old manager's email at Cirrus so you could ask for failed parts directly. There's a lesser chance of that happening than me asking old friends at the company for them, but it is legit and doesn't have me asking any friends to break any company rules.

If you needed SOIC's donated, would you want 8, 14, what pin count?

Got the PM, I sent you my old manager's email at Cirrus so you could ask for failed parts directly. There's a lesser chance of that happening than me asking old friends at the company for them, but it is legit and doesn't have me asking any friends to break any company rules.

If you needed SOIC's donated, would you want 8, 14, what pin count?
Pin count does not much matter but I think larger pin counts would be more challanging. I will layout PCBs for them to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back