Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WANTED: Digitalker ROMs, binaries, speech chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgedb

Hello,

Looking for all kinds of speech synthesizers, all from the 80-ies.
Especially looking for Digitalker ROMs MM52164SSR1, MM52164SSR2, MM52164SSR3, MM52164SSR4, MM52164SSR5, MM52164SSR6, or custom ROMs.
If you don't have the ROMs. but a dump instead (hex, binary), that would make me happy too ;-)
Digitalker itself is the MM54104

Also looking for:
DTSW500 = Digitalker CPM software to create custom ROMs (yes, CP/M, whaaaaa!)
Jameco JE520 Voice Synthesizer
DT3101TD = successor of Digitalker

Looking for these chips:
SSI-263
SC02 (Votrax)
CTS256
SP0256B
HM2007
VMS2128
MSM6650
MSM7376
VP1410
T6721A
TMS5200
TSI S14001A
TMS2516/32/64
VP1000

I'm not looking for the SP0256AL2 ;-)

Last edited:
Hi,
I would like to recommending the #$!^&*%#! electronics company to you. #$!^&*%#! Electronics Co., Ltd. is a professional integrated circuit (IC) independent distributor, dedicated to providing high-quality, advanced imported electronic components and scientific solutions for Chinese companies. The management of the company consists of outstanding talents with rich experience in the international electronics industry. All employees are college or above. High-quality management brings high-quality cooperation with world-class agents, and provides strategic guarantee for realizing high-quality products and services. At the same time, the company has cooperated with well-known spot suppliers all over the world for many years, providing customers with military, discontinued and partial cold-selling devices. Whether it is support for lead-free environmentally friendly products in the front-end market or support for the aftermarket (discontinued, less popular), we have excellent system resources.
I hope I can help you. You can touch us from here:<snip>
We are now doing advertisements in these forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have an SC-02 and some version of an SPO256, but I do not want to part with them..

However, this may be useful to you - I used it for reference data for phonetic conversion rules on a text-to-speech design with those ICs when they first came out.

Naval Research Lab document: "Automatic Translation of English Text to Phonetics by Means of Letter-to-Sound Rules"
**broken link removed**

I suspect quite a few early devices were based on data from this.

When I used it, I got it as printout from a local university.. It's a bit easier now.

I still have an SC-02 and some version of an SPO256, but I do not want to part with them..
Nice!

However, this may be useful to you - I used it for reference data for phonetic conversion rules on a text-to-speech design with those ICs when they first came out.

Naval Research Lab document: "Automatic Translation of English Text to Phonetics by Means of Letter-to-Sound Rules"
**broken link removed**

I suspect quite a few early devices were based on data from this.

When I used it, I got it as printout from a local university.. It's a bit easier now.
Thnx for that! I didn't know the details, but I once saw a reference that this is the algorithm uses by the SP0256 companion chip: the CTS256 text to allophone translator (very hard to find). What I'm actually after, are the speech synthesizers, indeed like the SC-02.

You are not the only one after such things. Surprisingly, there is a small band if chip collectors out there willing to pay a fortune for the 1970-1980s audio chips, keyboard interface chips and various parts associated with early networking. .

Sites like electro-tech-online are a good place to find unsuspecting people with an old set of chips in their inventory and unaware of current market prices. I've seen owners offering them up to people seeking chips for the price of postage. I've also seen collectors bid up parts on eBay listings to more than $1000 for New Old Stock parts in original packaging.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited:
You are not the only one after such things. Surprisingly, there is a small band if chip collectors out there willing to pay a fortune for the 1970-1980s audio chips, keyboard interface chips and various parts associated with early networking. .

Sites like electro-tech-online are a good place to find unsuspecting people with an old set of hips in their inventory and unaware of current market prices. I've seen owners offering them up to people seeking chips for the price of postage. I've also seen collectors bid up parts on eBay listings to more than $1000 for New Old Stock parts in original packaging.

Good luck in your search.
Well, thanks for your contribution, that is certainly helpful in finding these chips...

There are some SSI263P ICs and an original Votrax Type N Talk listed on ebay.com at the moment - just search "votrax".

Well, thanks for your contribution, that is certainly helpful in finding these chips...

Oh, happy to help but you weren't exactly my targeted audience.

O, ok, so, "You" was not referring to me ;-)
I think you caught my drift though.

Wow, that was five months ago? Drift? Your comment was pretty direct so I think you meant "point" and anyone who can read English understood what you said. My point is, I was telling other members that their vintage audio chips may be worth more than some of the other logic chips sitting in the bottom of their parts bin - they should think twice about sending them off to some new member that shows up asking for chips donations (or low priced chips) so he can resell them at auction-value on eBay.

It is a bit sad, but the majority of what you are saying is based on assumptions
Yes, 5 months have passed, as you might have seen, the thread was revived by “merick” (selling HM2007’s), so I browsed through it again when I received a notification.

You assume that people don’t know what their chips are worth… Who said so? There are a bunch of smart people here. And apart from that, who asked you to protect them? I’m usually in a Dutch electronics forum and we try to help each other by swapping what you don’t need when someone asks for a certain component.

some new member that shows up asking for chips donations (or low priced chips) so he can resell them at auction-value on eBay” – this is again an assumption AND a false accusation. What on earth is this based on? I didn’t ask for donations or low-priced chips anywhere... And reselling chips at Ebay??? Why on earth do you accuse someone you don’t know at all of such a thing? For your information: I have collected speech chips over the last 7 years or so and am still looking for the majority of the list above, and of course not for hundreds of dollars / euros.

Please stop assuming things and let’s keep this a friendly place.

You assume that people don’t know what their chips are worth… Who said so?

I Assume? Of course I do. For example, I tell all of my guests to "drive safely" when they leave my home. Reminding them to think about safety doesn't mean I assume they are unsafe drivers. I can also remind people that their chips may be worth more than they think without assuming they don't know. If everyone already knows the market price of these chips, like you propose they do, then you won't find anyone here willing to sell their chips cheaper than the prices on eBay or the various arcade repair sites.

and of course not for hundreds of dollars / euros.

Why not hundreds of euros? Some of the parts on your list are selling for $25 to $50 each on arcade repair sites. I would assume the rest are more difficult to find and worth much more. Possibly hundreds of euros.

And reselling chips at Ebay??? Why on earth do you accuse someone you don’t know at all of such a thing?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize ebay was such a nasty site to use. Which site do you use?

Last edited:
I Assume? Of course I do. For example, I tell all of my guests to "drive safely" when they leave my home. Reminding them to think about safety doesn't mean I assume they are unsafe drivers. I can also remind people that their chips may be worth more than they think without assuming they don't know. If everyone already knows the market price of these chips, like you propose they do, then you won't find anyone here willing to sell their chips cheaper than the prices on eBay or the various arcade repair sites.
"...you won't find anyone here willing to sell their chips cheaper than the prices on eBay" - again an assumption... No, there are many people, like myself, that also have components lying around that they will never use and just put in an envelope because someone else can use them, or swap them for other components. I think your assumptions easily reveal what kind of person you are...

It seems after a night of sleep you edited the text slightly, luckily there is always the notification email with the original text ;-) ("I tell all of my guests to "drive safely" when they leave my home. Reminding them to think about safety doesn't mean I assume they are unsafe drivers. I can also remind people their chips may be worth more than they think without assuming they don't.")

Why not hundreds of euros? Some of the parts on your list are selling for $25 to $50 each on arcade repair sites. I would assume the rest are more difficult to find and worth much more. Possibly hundreds of euros.
All those assumptions of yours... You keep on assuming things (and reminding people) of the possible worth of their chips… What are you, the “guardian of people that might want to swap or sell electronic components”? Who asked you to play this role in this forum?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize ebay was such a nasty site to use. Which site do you use?
Funny, after some hours you edited your text here as well, as it said: "What site do you use to sell your stuff?"...
What exactly are you trying to achieve, except illustrating that you seem to be somewhat frustrated. I feel sorry for you, not sure what happened in your live that made you such a person.

But, please, I no longer want to read your insults, assumptions and false accusations, please send me a PM, instead of using the forum. I won’t read it, but if it relieves you, feel free. Meanwhile I’ll try to find some moderator who will hopefully stop this behavior and make sure the forum is used for what it is supposed to be used for. Bye, bye.

Nice job, but illegal ROMs of course ;-)
This board contains the MM52164SSR1, SSR2, SSR5 and SSR6 which I got. There should be an SSR3 and an SSR4 as well, never been able to find those, it seems the holy grail. Same for the MM52116SHR/L (only figures)...

Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back