Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wanted: A proper electronics manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

Well I used in italy and did electronics at school were we had the privelage of having available to us what they called electronics manuals. These were 1000+ page books looking much like a dictionary (thin paper) and had absolutely EVERTHING you could want theory wise plus some chemistry and maths at the front. it had just everything conceivable I think the only thing not treated in detail was microcontrollers for obvious reasons. It was a no BS book it didn't tell you about electronics in a conversational way, you had to be familiar with the subject to use it and there were hardly any "working examples" it was just theory breif and to the point and very useful for refference.

Basically if you didn't know a thing about electronics the book was useless because its not a dummies guide (yes we were allowed to use them at our state exam and out of 19 students guess how many could actually use it ?: 3 !)

Where can I buy a similar book in the UK (in english of course !!)

Last edited:
hi TC,

The ref books I have found useful have been from Newnes.
Amazon Books on line stock some of their books.

Google Newnes reference books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back