Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to convert Analog to digital display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaikanth

Hai,
:) Any one give me the idea to convert analog voltage to digital display.
the voltage which i want to measure has to be displayed by a seven segment display.

Thanks..
:D

jaikanth said:
Hai,
:) Any one give me the idea to convert analog voltage to digital display.
the voltage which i want to measure has to be displayed by a seven segment display.

A very simple way is to use a PIC, something like a 16F819 or 16F88 will do the job simply and cheaply with a single 18 pin IC - at the cost of a little software writing!.

There used to be chips you could buy specifically for this job (but they cost a LOT more than a cheap PIC), and don't give the same versatility.

You can also buy ready made digital voltmeter modules, these would probably do all you need?.

If u r not familiar with programming and don't wanna use microcontrollers, u can just use ADC , i think an 8-bit AD like ADC0804 can fit ur application so in this way u ll be able to convert from analog to digital...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back