Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wall of tvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkpuppy

i was wondering about the "tv wall" thing i have seen in electronics stores, where a group of tvs will play seperate small images and then switch to one large image shown secton by section on the tvs. that description's not very good but hopefully you know what i'm talking about. well, my question is, how is this done? what sort of device is used, what is this "wall of tvs" effect actually called, is there a way i could do this for cheap? any information would be great. thanks!

milkpuppy said:
i was wondering about the "tv wall" thing i have seen in electronics stores, where a group of tvs will play seperate small images and then switch to one large image shown secton by section on the tvs. that description's not very good but hopefully you know what i'm talking about. well, my question is, how is this done? what sort of device is used, what is this "wall of tvs" effect actually called, is there a way i could do this for cheap? any information would be great. thanks!

It's all digital, the signal is digitised and read frame by frame and stored in memory, its then read back out in smaller sections, and expanded to fill a normal screen size. It's pretty complicated, and I've never seen any DIY designs, I don't think it could be done cheap!.

As a matter of interest, many 100Hz TV's do something similar, many will display picture in picture, or a mosaic of nine channels on screen at the same time. 100Hz TV's also work by digitising the signal and storing it in memory!.

I say look at this, not really a circuit per se, more like a framework for the computer

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back