Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wall Climbing Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEOSUC

Hello, i am a new user here! Anyway, i am making a Wall Climbing Robot using the flipping theory. Mmm, i am new to robotic so i have alot of doubts in it. First, i want to know, how do i go about researching for the parts example the DC motors, gear ratios, DC Batteries & Air Pump. Our Wall Climbing Robot is using the suction and flip upwards by using the motors and gears. What is the first step that i should start with? How do i choose my parts? Sorry, i am a total noob... :( Will appreciate if you guys can guide me :)

ROBO LOVE!

Ya, it flips upward by using the motor to turn it up. Which means, the motor needs to be very strong and also the pump will need to be able to hold it onto the wall too. My robot weighs slightly below 3kg.

How do you know it is less than 3kg if you havent even chosen a motor or pump yet? I'm guessing thats a target weight. Suction cups don't tend to work the best unless you're climbing glass, stainless steel or some other perfect surface.

Last edited:
Is that robot carrying batteries onboard? And how come the judges on this side of the ocean don't look like that? Damn.

What's your budget? It would seem you are going to need to find the best gearbox and servo motor you can get your hands on.

Last edited:
well yea u're right, we climbing on glass surface. we have some trouble finding the right suction pump to provide suction and at the same time must keep everything light.

hmmm..hope u all can give us some guidience or recommendation:)

since this isnt an industrial grade thing, maybe you could use a small plastic billows with a linear solonoid, I cant think of a specific place you could get them but you see them on toy launchers that you pound down on to launch, and you see them in drugstores.
**broken link removed**
and ones like these are sometimes inhardware stores
**broken link removed**
attach a small linear solonoid like one of these
**broken link removed**
The down side is that it would apply suction once, then it would slowly leak it over time, but this probably wouldent matter for the length of a step. Also you would need a different one for each group of feet that step at the same time. But all in all I think it would be lighter and cheaper than a vaccume pump, and possibly suitable to your use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back