Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Walkie Talkie Circuit Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvlic

Hi! Im trying to make this walkie talkie circuit, but I am missing one component. Can someone help me how to make this one?!

Attachments

• walkie talkie circuit.png
    walkie talkie circuit.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 280
Usually there is text with the schematic.
"Take a #2 pencil, wrap 9 turns of #22 wire.........."

It seems like a RF transformer. Your idea seems not bad. A site from where you picked the circuit says "Start with the primary 9 turns first, directly on this wind the secondary 2 turns."

The 'T' on the schematic implies that the transformer has an adjustable core probably ferrite, you might need to salvage something from some dead circuitry and experiment.

The circuit seems to be very old and is extremely simple. It might have been a child's toy.

The 'T' on the schematic implies that the transformer has an adjustable core probably ferrite, you might need to salvage something from some dead circuitry and experiment.
I think I found one. The diameter is 5mm and 10mm tall. Can I just change the turns of the wire using a #22 AWG wire?

Attachments

• var.jpg
    var.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 228
The circuit seems to be very old and is extremely simple. It might have been a child's toy.
Hi ! I have a few questions about the circuit.

- Is this circuit still works?
- Can I use an ordinary 8 ohms speaker for this? Which in the circuit acts as the microphone?

- Can I use an ordinary 8 ohms speaker for this? Which in the circuit acts as the microphone?
- Old design does not mean it's damaged and not work in these days. :) It should work, don't worry. Some Chinese or other country still make such toy transceiver, under a couple of dollars.
- Yes, it needs an ordinary 8 ohms speaker. The same speaker works as microphone while you press the switch as Transmitting mode.

Since it's 27MHz RF circuit, solder each parts closely and make a couple of neat PCB.

Keep posting here how they work when you make it. I am also interested to such walkietalkies.

Last edited:

Yes, it can still work.
Yes, the "8R" on your schematic refers to the speaker being 8 ohms.

- Old design does not mean it's damaged and not work in these days. :) It should work, don't worry. Some Chinese or other country still make such toy transceiver, under a couple of dollars.
- Yes, it needs an ordinary 8 ohms speaker. The same speaker works as microphone while you press the switch as Transmitting mode.

Since it's 27MHz RF circuit, solder each parts closely and make a couple of neat PCB.

Keep posting here how they work when you make it. I am also interested to such walkietalkies.

Thank you. :):). I will update you when Im done with it. :D

Can I use this?
Measure the primary resistance and secondary resistance with your multimeter. Primary resistance should be very higher than secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back