Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vusb Regulator Dying On 18F2455

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heya guys. Ive been working on building a bunch of boards based around an 18F2455. **broken link removed** *NOTE - the 100nF cap on Vusb has been changed to 220nF (also tried 470nF).

I flashed about five of the boards (flashed the bootloader with a PICKit 2, and the software using the bootloader jumper), and came back in about half an hour, and all of a sudden none would be recognized with USB. I tried all the boards and none were recognized. I tried a few brand new chips and they werent recognized. After a lot of painful troubleshooting, I found that Vusb wasnt producing any power. And yes, VREGEN was set to ON in the bootloader code.

Ive solved the issue by setting VREGEN to OFF and supplying 3v3 to the Vusb pin, but I would like to know why the regulator has died on these chips. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back