Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VU meter (LM3916 and UA741)

Status
Not open for further replies.

byzio

Hello!

I found VU meter schematic that uses LM3916 and UA741. It is velleman kit K4304. I'd like to use this schematic to buid my VU meter and so I have a question about it.
Is this schematic correct? Is there anybody who made VU meter exactly in a way that this schematic shows?
I ask about it, because velleman in pdf file wrote: “Modifications and typographical errors reserved”. So i can’t be sure that everything in this schematic is correct. That's why i ask You about it.

Attachments

• sch.jpg
    sch.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4,345
Well considering the age of the technology used (30 years or so), I would expect any errors to have been corrected by now!. The quote is just a legal thing, rather like everything you eat tends to say "may contain nuts".

I see, but sometimes they apply several errors intentionally in pdf files just to discourage pepole from doing projects on their own. They want people to by their kits. But maybe in this case it isn't true i don't know.

Why don't you make it then tell us if it works. If it doesn't work then tell us the voltages of the pins of its ICs.

I thought that this schematic is well known and many people know if it works but now i see that i have to make it myself and try, then i will tell you if it works.

byzio said:
I see, but sometimes they apply several errors intentionally in pdf files just to discourage pepole from doing projects on their own. They want people to by their kits. But maybe in this case it isn't true i don't know.

Yes, it's all a big conspiracy :rolleyes:

Hello!

I made PCB based on this schematic and tested it for a while. Now i can tell You that is works!

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back