Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VSS & VDD on opposite sides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russlk said:
I see that VDD and VSS are on opposite sides of the chip, 12F675 & 16F627A, so how does one programmer handle that? I am using Melabs USB programmer.

If you look at the wiring of a P16PRO40, it's designed so you fit different size chips in different parts of the 40 pin ZIF socket, is your programmer the same?.

Hi Russel,

The melabs USB and Serial programmers are ICSP programmers so you connect PGD, PGC, GND, VDD, and VPP directly to those pins on a target board...

If you get the melabs ZIF-40 adapter board you'll find they wire the board to be 'flipped' so that you program 28 and 40 pin devices one way and 8-pin through 20-pin devices the other way... Here's a modified version of the ZIF-40 board I use for my melabs Serial programmer and my Kit182 programmer that can be built using three 20-pin single-row machined sockets or a 40-pin ZIF socket...

Have fun... Regards, Mike

Attachments

• zif-40a_496.jpg
    zif-40a_496.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 578
Russlk said:
Thanks for the info, Mike, but the VSS connection on 12F675 is pin 8. There is no connection to pin 8 on the target board, so how does that work?

If you look closely, you'll see all of the VSS connections are on the red ground plane layer...

Kind regards, Mike

Here are some programming pinouts that I hope may help in your research...

Kind regards, Mike

Attachments

• pic_programming_pinouts.jpg
    pic_programming_pinouts.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 608
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back