Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Volume pot and leds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samycasanova

My goal is to use one pot controlling the audio volume and having some leds around the pot knob turning on or off if i turn the pot to max or min. I want to use 6 to 10 leds to increase or decrease like a vu-meter ( but not blinking with the audio signal ) according to the Vol.
Sorry my bad English. I hope you understand this !

I thought using a stereo pot, one part of the pot will control the audio volume, the other will make leds go on or off, but i don´t have a clue how to do it !

Thanks.

Well why not use a stereo pot and one part of the resistor would control the input current into an LM3915 or a similar model...that one is logarithmic...which MIGHT be what you want.

**broken link removed**

That drives 10 leds...and it's how I would do it. Remember the pot will probably have to be logarithmic because sound is. The component would have to be anti-logarithmic almost... It also supports dot and bar mode.

Well at the risk of a non-electronic solution?, why not have a ring of ten LED's lit all the time, and have a solid disk with a hole in it attached to the knob. As you rotate the knob the hole in the disk moves along the LED's, allowing each one in turn to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back