Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage to current converter in single supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIREN DAVE

Hi,

I have 1 source that gives me 10V and 2mA. I want 5V and 10mA from this supply.. I have no other source. Is there any technique to increase current by decreasing a voltage????

hi Hiren,

Consider the 'power' of those two V/I's

10 *.002 = 20mWatt

5 * 0.01 = 50mWatt

Cant get more power out than in....:D

E.

ok. got it...

Now, my another question is I have a point source of 0.75V and 1.3mA. From this source, i want to generate 3.3V and 750mA. Is there any other option to get these much voltage except increasing no. of sources???
1 option is to use around 2461 sources and connect it to series or parallel to generate this much voltage. Any other option???

ok. got it...

Now, my another question is I have a point source of 0.75V and 1.3mA. From this source, i want to generate 3.3V and 750mA. Is there any other option to get these much voltage except increasing no. of sources???
1 option is to use around 2461 sources and connect it to series or parallel to generate this much voltage. Any other option???
Not really. You certainly need around 2500 times the power of the source.

You would have to use series and/or parallel combinations. There is no other way.

hi,
You have not said what the voltage sources are.

If the internal resistance of each cell is high, at 750mA load current, the internal resistance of a series chain could be a problem.

post #3 sounds like a small solar cell, or an LED.... you would need a lot of those in a 5x577 series-parallel array to get the voltage and current you're looking for.... that's 2885 of them. that's also a lot of soldering. you could probably have a 5x10 array slowly charge a battery, and use the battery to provide the power if the circuit doesn't require being powered on all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back