Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage regulators in series or paralle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hero999 said:
Did you click on the website I linked in my previous post?

No but I noticed it had romanblack in the URL. I was just wondering if you were calling it a black regulator because Roman Black designed it, or if there really was a TYPE of regulator called a black regulator (which I was unaware of). My question is answered now though, thanks :)

Brian

dannix said:
It does not provide enough current, I need 2.5A 12v regulated, this is not just for a LED array, there are other circuits too.
Then why didn't you say so before? It just looked like you wanted to power nine LEDs using an efficient constant current mode SMPs.

I will prob add a small current limiter just for the led array.
It probably wouldn't take a genius to redesign it to supply more current. All you need to do is change a few component values and beef up the transistors a bit.

Failing that, you could consider a switching regulator IC like the MAX649 or the LM2593.

blueroomelectronics said:
You must have quite the solar panel if you hope to get 2.5A @ > 14V from it. (assuming you want to regulate it to 12V)

National Semiconductor makes "Simple Switchers" ICs, many can pass 3A to 5A.

That is peak usage with some overhead should I add extra circuits and possibly another panel if required. I currently have a 12v 15w panel 1.25A in good conditions

Hero999 said:
Then why didn't you say so before? It just looked like you wanted to power nine LEDs using an efficient constant current mode SMPs.

Well I did in prev posts. Recommendations changed the design from the initial post.

It probably wouldn't take a genius to redesign it to supply more current. All you need to do is change a few component values and beef up the transistors a bit.

The is prob true, but I have little idea what I'm doing, lets say I am ambitious.

Failing that, you could consider a switching regulator IC like the MAX649 or the LM2593.

I am doing, that is why I said I would start a new post as this one was going off topic and the original question.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/sepic-smps-lvr-s-which-do-i-use.32085/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back