Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage regulator for automotive use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this one on Mouser

7805SR-C

You can switch between 3.3V/5V/12V
You are looking at a different sort of animal.
It is not intended for automotive use. Only has short circuit protection. 78SR switching regulators do not provide input or output overvoltage protection. etc

It is a switching regualtor.

It is $9.

You are looking at a different sort of animal.
It is not intended for automotive use. Only has short circuit protection. 78SR switching regulators do not provide input or output overvoltage protection. etc

It is a switching regualtor.

It is $9.

bad choice then

Hero, have you tried 'polyfuses' the reseting type? They might perform well enough.
I thought of that, the trouble is they might not trip fast enough to save the SCR from burning up.

Here's the schematic as promised.

There's a short time delay on the crowbar. The 18V zener will absorb and fast transients and and longer transients will trigger the crowbar and blow the fuse.

Attachments

• Overvoltage.GIF
    Overvoltage.GIF
    2.6 KB · Views: 2,314
Use digikey to find the datasheet for one, it should have it's switching specifications in the datasheet.

found all the LM2937 at Futurlec

all for .75 each
need to see if they are SMD as I am cramped for space but it looks like they are all the TO-220 pkg.
they have a 5,8,10,12v units

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back