Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Regulator and Op-Amp circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

axd3163

Hello,

I am working on a senior design project right now, and I am working with a circuit which is apparently not working. It is to amplify the output of a load cell and to amplify it from around 30mV to 3V. I am getting an output from the op-amp, but the voltage regulator is not responding properly. I'm new to the voltage regulator -- can someone perhaps take a look at the design and point out any errors in it, if there is? Or what it takes to have it operate correctly?

Thanks,
Andrea

**broken link removed**

Can you be more explicit about "the voltage regulator is not responding properly"?

Ken

axd3163 said:
Hello,

I am working on a senior design project right now, and I am working with a circuit which is apparently not working. It is to amplify the output of a load cell and to amplify it from around 30mV to 3V. I am getting an output from the op-amp, but the voltage regulator is not responding properly. I'm new to the voltage regulator -- can someone perhaps take a look at the design and point out any errors in it, if there is? Or what it takes to have it operate correctly?

Thanks,
Andrea

**broken link removed**

Hi Andrea! Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried bypassing the input with a 0.33uF cap? I don't know how far away your power supply is but it might help.

And as KMoffet asked: can you define "not responding properly"?

Torben

[Edit: Fixed typo.]

Last edited:
axd3163 said:
Hello,

Thanks,
Andrea

**broken link removed**
A quick guess... note that the pinouts for the positive and negative regulators are quite different. Make sure you've wired them up right!

P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back