voltage measurement circuit for 240V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a query. I need to sense voltage and current of the mains supply (240V). I am using a isolating transformer right at the start of the circuit just after connecting to the mains supply. Do I still need to use a Current Transformer to sense current? or is it find to use any other technique which doesnt have isolation as I am using a transformer right at the very beginning. Thanks

Can you post a circuit diagram? If you are isolating the power to the load, a current transformer would be smaller and cheaper than the isolating transformer, unless the load is very small.

Hi Diver300 thanks for getting back. I dont know how to insert an image. i clicked on the insert button above but it needs a link. I am using a fan or a light bulb for a load. As my project specification I need to use an isolating transformer right at the very beginning just after the mains supply. My Question was do I really need to use a Current transformer even though I am using isolation at the mains, or can I just use passive components to sense current which has no insulation if you know what i mean

Hi Diver300 thanks for getting back. I dont know how to insert an image. i clicked on the insert button above but it needs a link.

Image has to exist in web space.
1. Upload image to [picture-hosting site of your choice].
2. Get a direct link (URL) to the picture.
3. Paste that URL in the little dialog box you get when you click on the button.
(Or just use "**broken link removed**" tags before & after the URL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…