Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage measurement circuit for 240V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have a query. I need to sense voltage and current of the mains supply (240V). I am using a isolating transformer right at the start of the circuit just after connecting to the mains supply. Do I still need to use a Current Transformer to sense current? or is it find to use any other technique which doesnt have isolation as I am using a transformer right at the very beginning. Thanks

Hi Diver300 thanks for getting back. I dont know how to insert an image. i clicked on the insert button above but it needs a link. I am using a fan or a light bulb for a load. As my project specification I need to use an isolating transformer right at the very beginning just after the mains supply. My Question was do I really need to use a Current transformer even though I am using isolation at the mains, or can I just use passive components to sense current which has no insulation if you know what i mean

Hi Diver300 thanks for getting back. I dont know how to insert an image. i clicked on the insert button above but it needs a link.

Image has to exist in web space.
1. Upload image to [picture-hosting site of your choice].
2. Get a direct link (URL) to the picture.
3. Paste that URL in the little dialog box you get when you click on the button.
(Or just use "**broken link removed**" tags before & after the URL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back