Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Issues for Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP EAZY E

Hey all, Im just wondering if anyone could help me out. Im about to buy a Sound Card from the USA but im wondering if it would work in Australia.

The Sound Card is an Edirol FA-66

EDIROL FA-66 24Bit/192kHz FireWire Audio Capture :: Specifications

It says it can run off firewire and my laptop has firewire and I think firewire would power the sound card so it says, but it also comes with an AC adaptor.

Now my question is, is the Firewire universal so it wont have any voltage problems and also if i would like to use the AC adaptor would i need to buy a
9v transformer to run it?

The link i provided has the specs of the card.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!:)

Once in the PC it will run off the standard PC card voltages which are a standard adopted by most pc makers. I think you are safe to order.

Once in the PC it will run off the standard PC card voltages which are a standard adopted by most pc makers. I think you are safe to order.

You've missed the point Mike, it's not an internal card - it's an external box that connects via Firewire. Unless the supplied mains adaptor is dual-voltage, he will have to source a different PSU locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back