Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VOLTAGE GAIN AND VOUT RESISTENCE OF TRANSISTOR IN AC CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxy

HI
Why the voltage gain of transistor in AC circuit is: -hfe*RL/hie without Re resistor;
and with Re resistor is: -hfe*RL/Rin?
and why the Rout-Resistence of Vout is infinite?
Thanks a lot

Re is approximately 26/ (emitter current in milliamps). When Ie is 2 milliamps Re is bout 13 Ohms.

In the ideal transistor the collector is and ideal current source and has infinite resistance. For many purposes this model works fine when there is a collector load (because the load becomes the output impdeance).

The part about Re was in one of my old textbooks or lectures from the 1970's I can't remember the names of the book, author, or lecturer this many years later. have used that definition for Re for about a decade and a half of analog design using transistors in benign environments and it has worked well for me over the years.

Here's and idea - try it out in a small common emitter amplifier with the emitter resistor heavily bypassed. You will need a collector load.

Attachments

• GE - Transistor Manual 1964.pdf
    13.2 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back