Voltage divider for VREF --- what value resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

I want to use two equal value resistors for a voltage divider to get a 2.5V VREF+ from my 5V VDD. What value resistors are recommended for this?

Last edited:
Use a TL431, else it needs to be about 250ohms impedance. So a pair of 247ohm resistors would do the trick.
I've done it on the Junebug with VR2 and a 10uf cap in CON4

Use a TL431, else it needs to be about 250ohms impedance. So a pair of 247ohm resistors would do the trick.
Cool. I don't have a TL431. Should order some in my next order because I keep running into this problem. I'll do it with resistors for now. Nearest resistors I have to 247hm: is 330hm:. Close enough? Probably fine, right? There's virtually no current draw on it, I would think.

It's in the 18F1320 datasheet, the A/D actually sinks and sources the VREF+ pin. A cap should stop that. The TL431 is pretty handy too.

It's in the 18F1320 datasheet, the A/D actually sinks and sources the VREF+ pin. A cap should stop that.
OK, here's where my electronics ignorance shows. What does that mean?

The datasheet recommends 250hm: max impedance for VREF+ source. (whatever that means ).

Oh ya, Bill, your blog here won't allow me to post a comment. I was going to say (in re: your Lab-Easy comment) that DipMicro is liquidating Lab-Easy products. Poor sales? Promo? Guess I should buy some while it's cheap...

Oh ya, Bill, your blog here won't allow me to post a comment. I was going to say (in re: your Lab-Easy comment) that DipMicro is liquidating Lab-Easy products. Poor sales? Promo? Guess I should buy some while it's cheap...

Yes get some, they are cheaper than cost.

Dunno why you can't post a comment, Pommie did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…