Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voide Recognization

Status
Not open for further replies.

alhoop

I built a voice recognition( stop, go, reverse, turn right and left turn) circuit from a Radio Shack application note for the Motorola VCP200 chip that was available from RS in the '90s. It uses a LM324 to amplify and clip inputs from a electret microphone and drive the VCP200.
While it works most of the time I would like to improve the recognition of commands.It is about 90% accurate as built. Has anyone worked with the VCP200 and have any suggestions for improvement?
See here:
Gordon McComb's Gadgeteers Goldmine - Google Books

Thanks
Al

I built a voice recognition( stop, go, reverse, turn right and left turn) circuit from a Radio Shack application note for the Motorola VCP200 chip that was available from RS in the '90s. It uses a LM324 to amplify and clip inputs from a electret microphone and drive the VCP200.
While it works most of the time I would like to improve the recognition of commands.It is about 90% accurate as built. Has anyone worked with the VCP200 and have any suggestions for improvement?"

Thanks
Al
I played with this chip for years when it first came out, and man, it was cool. I miss the days of the single-use/specific use chips of the 80s and 90s...I still miss the good-old LM3909 (???) "Forever LED Flasher" chips.
For a single $12.00 chip, as a off the shelf item, its 95% accuracy was, and still is is pretty damn good, and can probibly not be easily duplicated without hundreds of hours of computer programming. Even absolutely "State Of The Art" current 2009 voice recognition systems are not much more accurate than this chip...only much more verstile, with far more commands that can be learned. As long as the audio signal being fed to the chip is high quality, and not over modulated, or swamped in background noise...then I think your getting as good as its gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back