Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VOICE to Text Conversion project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voice to text? You're not gonna find anything like that, even the professional voice recognition software needs extensive training and a fast computer to get even close to a usable accuracy.

I've been interested in the voice to text converter software myself. I type at about one tenth the speed I can talk. Typing just is not my thing.

But I am not going to spend $200 to $800 just to speed up my response time here!

Voice recognition software by large and far sucks. Even the best of it. Though some people still like to use it. The time it takes to recognize commands for windows navigation I could already have had three windows open and typing a responce at twice the speed the software can accuratly understand. Then there's false recognition from ambient noiise and what not. Vista Home buisness and premium versions have voice recongiton built into it if you want to go through the hassle of setting it up. But I'd rather type. Then again I can type upwards of 80 words a minute when I really get going. When free typing from memory on something like one of my long rants posts ( I think this would qualify) I get up to 120.

Last edited:
But I'd rather type. Then again I can type upwards of 80 words a minute when I really get going. When free typing from memory on something like one of my long rants posts ( I think this would qualify) I get up to 120.

You lucky, coordinated, SOB! :D

I can do about 30 WPM normal. 40 WPM Ranting, And 15 WPM without the spell check! :eek:

I would love to have a good speech to text conversion system! ;):)

I was just lucky, in 6th grade they had a touch typing class in my school, I freehand type not formal touch typing but I follow the general touch typing rules, with the exception that my hands float over the keyboard and I don't use the 'proper' fingers for every letter all the time, I haven't looked at a keyboard in years while typing though. My last one I wore off the actual letter tops on half the keys (I type a lot) no one else but me could use my computer => Even scarier, is the keys had a slight texture to them, the most commonly used letters were actually worn glass smooth. I've probably typed more in my life than any two or three other human beings, and I think that's being generous =\

Oh, and under 3 WPM without looking. Unless you count '"A'" and "I" as words! :eek:

Last edited:
voice to text

hii cn i ve the project details and related things for the voice to text project.. cn you help me

hii cn i ve the project details and related things for the voice to text project.. cn you help me
Hw cn 1 psbly rlpy t ths rqst in ths thrd?

ROTFLMAO

JimB

The new android OS and software for phones are incredible. I type nothing on my phone. Web, SMS, person I am calling. I have never seen anything like it. And I do not recall any training. Not sure if the Dragon folks helped, but it kill the PC stuff. I spent hours attempting to train dragon system a couple times and gave up.

But this phone is beyond anything I have seen. It has a 1Ghz, think it's called a snap dragon processor. Ironic the dragon name again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back