Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjackson

any body know of a circuit diagram floating around..for....making a voice recording circuit..say.. around 20 seconds of record?.........

timbo

You need an ISD chip. The International Storage Devices today Winbond.

Attachments

• isd1000a.pdf
    456.3 KB · Views: 312
Radio shack used to have a "kit" (toy) recorder. You may even check for a consumer electronic thing (I'm thinking like talking picture frames) that could be cheaper than starting from scratch. Unless you're doing it for fun.

j.

I've had some luck with ISD's "ISD2590E" 90-second recorder. They retail around 10 U.S.D. 'Very straightforward design.

ISD1100 series

greetings,
Gonna get an ISD1100 series working. Has anybody ever played with one of these? Any helpful hints from the kitchen? The PDF says that the 16 ohm speaker will output 12.2 mW. How loud is that? any audio buffs out there that can give a comparison. Am I gonna have to use an audio amplifier to get a decent output.

thanks... 8)

The sound from my 90-second version was about what you'd get from a typical mini-tape recorder. I forgot what that is in decibel terms, but it was softer than normal speech. Other factors like the automatic gain control will contribute, but if you're looking for a fuller sound, you will have to amplify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back