Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio E701i-A3 no AV but standby voltage ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVman001

TV dead otherwise but when you power on with remote, the LED comes on a few seconds then goes out (protection I guess). Swapped other boards, new PS board 09-70CAR000-00 has to be the problem. There's no LED voltage at the LED supply connector, the other voltages at the other DC output connector are fine when the 3 "on" control lines at the connector are set high to 3.3v enabling their outputs. Checked for obvious shorts or opens, found nothing. I'd troubleshoot using the IC part numbers and work from there, but can't read 2 of them, obscured. New board is on its way, but want to fix this board to keep as spare. Should be able to fix this if I can get a schematic. Looked everywhere but can't find a schematic or repair manual for a Vizio E701i-A3. Can anybody help release a manual from the tight grip of the web? Thanks for any assist.

I shouldn't do anything yet, see if the new board cures the problem first - it could just as easily be the LCD panel causing the fault, triggering the protection circuits.

Thanks for the reply. I sure hope not! I troubleshot the power supply standalone, activated the "OK" lines to power it up...still no output.

Thanks for the reply. I sure hope not! I troubleshot the power supply standalone, activated the "OK" lines to power it up...still no output.

It 'may' not be as simple as that, but as I said, wait until you get the replacement board (and it works) before worrying about trying to repair the old board.

If I could only find a service manual....

There may never have been a manual available, and if there ever was it may very well have not included the schematics anyway - in the later years of my previous job as a TV Service Engineer even Sony stopped providing schematics, and I was a Sony Service Agent.

If I could only find a service manual....
i can tell from experience that Vizio doesn't publish "service manuals", even to the shops that do their factory warranty repairs. all the shop gets is a parts list, containing the power supply part number, main board part number, remote control part number, and the panel part number. that's all.... out-of-warranty parts generally cost more than a new TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back