Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vizio E550i-A0 will not power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Graney

I've had this tv about 15 months and suddenly it will not power on; no backlight, no LED's, nothing. I'm looking for some advice on troubleshooting. I've got the back off and inspected the two circuit boards. No visual indication of problems. The main fuse is good, and there is AC power to the power supply board. There are no voltages present on any of the pins on the connector which leads back to the main board. Pressing the power button does not change this. My guess is the it is the power supply board. Any ideas?

Have you done the usual check for bulging capacitors on the ps board?

I would suggest you repair the old psu PCB, using 'better' components, just in case the new psu fails in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back