Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visual Initializer

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAN-1

Hello everyone. I am using the C30 compiler for the first time and I'm trying to program the dsPIC30F2010 for a project I have and to configure it using the Visual Initializer. I read the help documentation for the Visual Initializer available with MPLAB and things seem to be clear. However, I can't get it to include the visual initialization code generated into my project. After I initialized the ports like I want, I chose 'Generate code' and then saved the code to my project and so MPLAB added the generated code and its relevant header files automatically. I also included the p30f2010.h header file and the p30f2010.gld linker file in the project. My very simple c code so far is test.c and it is:

#include <p30f2010.h>

int main(void){

VisualInitialization();

}

However, when I try to build the project, I get the following errors:

init_dsPIC30F2010.s: Assembler messages:
init_dsPIC30F2010.s:4: Error: Can't open p30F2010.inc for reading.
init_dsPIC30F2010.s:4: p30F2010.inc: No such file or directory
init_dsPIC30F2010.s:21: Error: Invalid mnemonic: 'config'
init_dsPIC30F2010.s:24: Error: Invalid mnemonic: 'config'
init_dsPIC30F2010.s:29: Error: Invalid mnemonic: 'config'

The last 3 errors point inside the generated code file (init_dsPIC30F2010.s)

Please advice me as to how to properly include my visual initialization in my project. Your help is much appreciated.

Nichola V. Abdo

Find p30F2010.inc on you computer. The easiest thing to do is copy it to your project directory.
The proper thing to do is tell the compiler where to find the include files. In MPLAB it should be under Project/Set Language Tool Locations Then you have to find the C30 compiler and set the default directories to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back