Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

visual basic program for parallel port interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

group_x3m

I need ur help guys. I have an electronic project that needs an output from the parallel port. I already have a software for controlling the parallel port output but what i need is an exact source code using visual basic. i am just a beginner in visual basic. can anybody give me the exact source code or program that i could use to control the output of the parallel port? i just need a basic source code where i could start with. i hope you could help me in this one.. thanx!!:)

If you check my PIC programmer software, there's a driver you download which allows port access under 32 bit Windows (NT etc.). The driver includes example software for Visual BASIC and C.

thnx for ur help guys!!! i really appreciate it! just in case u have other sites that u could suggest or maybe u have the exact VB code that u could paste here, it would help me a lot. i just need a simple code that would send a binary 1 and 0 signal to the parallel port. thank you so much!!;)

Last edited:
Simplest code would be to OUTPUT a byte of data to port address 0x378
The data appears on the parallel port pins 2 though 9, these correspond to D0 - D7.

You may need additional libraries to be able to do this under WinXP/2K/NT
see.. https://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/vblpt.htm

Note that the parallel port can only source about 6mA of current so you should buffer the signals.. but you might be able to drive a transistor directly for simple applications.

hi........... I need ur help guys. I have an electronic project which is connected to computer from the parallel port. what i need is an exact source code using visual basic. i am just a beginner in visual basic. can anybody give me the exact source code or program that i could use to send and recieve signal from the parallel port? i just need a basic source code where i could start with. i hope you could help me in this one.. thanx!!

hi........... I need ur help guys. I have an electronic project which is connected to computer from the parallel port. what i need is an exact source code using visual basic. i am just a beginner in visual basic. can anybody give me the exact source code or program that i could use to send and recieve signal from the parallel port? i just need a basic source code where i could start with. i hope you could help me in this one.. thanx!!

hi,
Look here, download the VB5.zip, install as per the instructions on the Blog.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/blogs/ericgibbs/148-pc-parallel-port-timer1-v1-1.html

thanx for helping me....actually wht i hav 2 do z:a remote car z controlled with computer wirelessly...i m using microcontrller .....nw problem z if i hav 2 send a signal like move in left 2 car via parallel port and ofcourse recive sme signl from car, hw i send nd recieve signal via parallel port...z there anycode

i m not able 2 open vb5.file ....i hav winrar software bt hw i open frm nf frx file

hi,
Download this free unzip program,
**broken link removed**

Why would you want to open the frm or frx files.???

Use your Visual basic program to run the *.vbp file.

There are 3 *.exe files in that zip you could run.

hiiiiiiiiiiiii r u able 2 understand my problem if yes hw much

parallel port interfacing code in vb....mike

Last edited:
thanx for helping me.....

Your welcome.
Let me know if you have a problem with those programs...
Use a text editor to view the *.frm files, if you need to.

sorry m nt able 2 tell u rght nw abt those progrm...vb software z nt installed on this computer...sorry....nd thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back