Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visible Light Communication Measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asphandyar Ali

Hello, my thesis is based on providing mobility to a Lifi user in a room using LED transmitters. I will be adjusting the distance between LEDs to give a continuous pattern in a specific room so there's no void space left between the signal lobes. For that I need to physically move the detector under a transmitting LED to check 'Signal Strength'. The photodetector (receiver) is connected with Channel 1 of the oscilloscope, what do I measure to determine signal strength including point of disconnection, using oscilloscope?

Hint: I have measure dc levels and form a tabular data!

What specs do you hope to meet?

Its a simple test to determine signal strength received from the LED. I want to know what parameters should I note down during the test that show the strength of signal at different angles of the LED.

The important question is how do I determine the signal strength on an oscilloscope? I am getting a thick ugly sinusoidal wave there and I know I gotta check the DC levels but I am not sure about the intervals. I expected to take one reading for one location of the detector.

It is not so simple to get the LiFi data rates of 10Mbps with a PD+TIA amplifier. not DC. But this is what is needed.

Last edited:
Yes its not. My thesis is on providing mobility to the user in a specific room, not much worried about 10 Mbps, but I have a question! How do you determine its 10 Mbps? I provide 4 Mhz to the LED driver and it reflects on the oscilloscope!

10Mbps is just what I read is commonly used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back