Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Viking Dishwasher VDU141

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybull

My dishwasher was working fine but the timer went out. It has sat there for about 1 year and I have now replaced it. It now cycles through but no water ever comes out to wash.

I had an different dishwasher at a lake house that would sit there over the winter and when I returned in the spring, all I had to do was reach underneath and spin the little finned wheel and it would work....is there something like this on a VDU141 model? I just have a hard time believing that the wash pump is out when everything was working fine except for the timer and it has just sat there for the last year...help.

Someone said, "the gunk under the float switch dries up. Get that thing moving again, and you'll be back in business"....where the heck is that???????????

Last edited:
Somewhere inside normally in a corner maybe front. Some look like a mushroom. while others maybe covered by what looks like an upside down cup ? with a screw in it. Manually fill it with water it will loosen the build use hot water and advance it into a cycle. It might start the process.

When I close the door here is what happens...all previous water that has collected at the bottom is sucked out. Then, I have water that flows out from the right and fills the bottom and then it just sits there and humms. The things that spin don't move and everything just sits there.

Also, having no luck finding the float valve......

Anyone know how to manually rotate the wash pump on this model?

OR...does anyone know the part number for the wash pump and/or a good place to purchase one if I need it? I have been told that Viking doesn't allow hardly anyone to sell their replacement parts.

Last edited:
If that's the case then you have no prob with the float valve, it is waiting for something to spin it in the direction of wash. Does this have two motors or one ? Do you have the schematic ?

IF it sucks the water out, the motor is probably running because the pump requires a motor.

If it last worked before you replaced the timer, possibly there was a mistake made whilst connecting the wiring to the new timer.

Hey, Bob with it humming like that I would think it was stuck or something. Is this thing a shaded pole motor ? I don't think that he could wire this wrong because most of these have a wiring block just push it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back