Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ViewSonic Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

regb123

Hi All,
I have a ViewSonic P810 monitor. When I switch it on it remains blank,dead. After a while when I press the up or down buttons located at the bottom front of the monitor a +/- 75mm wide horezontal band of coloured letters appears very briefly in the middle of the screen .This happens every time I press either of these buttons ,the words appears too briefly to read.
Can anyone enlighten me if it is the LOPTY which has packed-up or some other component. Please help.
Regards Reg
regbrand@hotmail.com

Hi Reg,

First, what on earth is a LOPTY?

Second, why did you put your email address on an Internet forum? That's just going to get harvested by spam bots and you're going to get even more spam than you already do.

Forums are for sharing information, so anyone responding is likely to respond here where everyone can see it, instead of privately replying to your email address (where only you can see it).

Regards,

Torben

Line Output Transformer (LOPTX), sometimes verbally called a LOPTY (LOP-TEA), but never spelt that way.

Makes sense. I got as far as Line Output but then lost the plot at TY. :)

Thanks,

Torben

In this day and age, I would just shoot the monitor and put it out of its misery:)

Get another one.

There is also this kool feature that sends you an email when someone replies to your post. I think someone just invented it the other day.

How bright is this band of colour? Are you cold cathode tubes coming on? There is not a whole lot you can do to one of those LCDs as there is not a whole lot of electronics besides the panel itself. Just power supply, inverter, 2 cold cathode tubes and input ciruitry. Make sure the cable and vid card are good too, just in case so your not chasing your tail here. If I would venture a guess, I would say it is probably the power supply. Does your OSD work show up fine? Does the power come on at all when you first hit the main switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back