Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

video switching project : crosspoint - pic16F690 - lcd hd44780 16x2 - 4xswitches - x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky2nite

I have been undergoing the process of my project which is a video switching project.

It should include x4 DIP switches connecting to the microcontroller PIC16F690 - which drives a small lcd HD44780 16x2 as to indicate which sitch has been closed. Also the PIC is responsible in enabling the MAX4456 video crosspoint switch to accept input cam 1 & output it to a display .. I'll work with phonos to a scart accepting phonos.

I have built the LCD in the breadboard which I managed to power it on ok & input simple characters..the screen fills up with the same character as a a debouncing circuit is required at input.

The pic I'll get to it later on, at the moment I'm learning C++ which I would use to program the PIC. I have problems in operating the MAX4456 by itself.

I'm trying to figure it out. but cannot understand the typical circuit I contacted maxim through their site but all they replied back is to build up the typical applicatio ncircuit but I cannoit understand exactly how to power it on and use it individually... anyone can help me it would be a maaizng

my E-mail : funky2nite2003@yahoo.com

Thanks,
IAn - MALTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back