Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaimegmr

Hi, I am planning to build a device that takes composite video, for example, and then digitizes it. I have seen several NTSC decoder chips (such as ADV7403) from Analog Devices that output RGB 4:4:4 video that seem like they could do the job. After the video is digitized, I need to deinterlace and scale it to 160x120 pixels for my planned display device. I would need a frame buffer since I would not be outputting the pixels row-by-row, but column-by-column.

My questions are:
-What does the output of the Analog devices decoder look like? (how many pixels high and wide is it?) Is it already deinterlaced?
-What is the best way to get the video down to 160x120? What kind of chip will I need?

Thank you.

The output of the ADV7403 looks just like the input. It does not change the interlace or number of pixels.
Look for information from Faroudja, Genesis Microchip, St micro.
Look for key words like ‘scaling, video processings, deinterlace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back