Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Quad Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh00

Hi,

Is there a chip or circuit diagram that I could use to make a circuit that takes 4 composite inputs and creates a single output which shows each of the inputs in the four squares?

Thanks,
Ben

I wanted to build this functionality into a rackmount PC case, so I wanted it to be small and customisable. Are you suggestion just a cheap CCTV dvr style product then?

I wanted to build this functionality into a rackmount PC case, so I wanted it to be small and customisable. Are you suggestion just a cheap CCTV dvr style product then?

Yes, that's what you're wanting isn't it? - you can buy them as cheap or expensive as you wish.

If you want it in a rackmount case, build it to in one - although many are rackmount already.

Yes, it was what I Was looking for.
Just a pity as I already have some video multiplex circuits I've built so was hoping to find a simple chip with 4 inputs, one output, that just needs a bit of power and off you go.
I didn't mean build it into its own rackmount case - there is a PC inside the case already, for recording via some capture cards. the idea was to build a board inside that T'ed off the capture card inputs and created a "monitoring" quad signal.
I've already tried doing it in software, but unfortunately there is no space for a graphics card in the slots, and there is no onboard graphics. Also this would probably be a pain to do in software anyway as the PC is a cut down linux OS.

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back