Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Baluns (video over cat 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang

Hello, I am in the security industry and am tried of paying big $$$ for video baluns. (75 ohm cctv / coax to 100 ohm video on cat5) I have opened one up and it appears to be an impedance matching transformer however.... there are no part numbers on it. Could anyone be so kind as to help me out with a spec for the balun so I can pick one up at the local electronics shop... Forever in your debt...

Really not my thing, but there are ways to measure transformers to get the specs. Maybe somebody will know and respond to this or one of your other threads...

Shouldn't be hard to find on the net. I barely remember this stuff from school. Part of it was measuring the resistance of the windings. You already know the impedance you are trying to match, seems like just some math.

Might try Digikey or Mouser, might have your part, or atleast point you to some specs. Email the Sales Department, if you need quantities, I'm sure they would help do the work.

Transformers that work at high frequencies are a good bit more difficult to fabricate and apply then you might imagine. If you're convinced that any TD&H with a multimeter and a calculator can do this stuff then by all means be my guest.

Papabravo said:
Transformers that work at high frequencies are a good bit more difficult to fabricate and apply then you might imagine. If you're convinced that any TD&H with a multimeter and a calculator can do this stuff then by all means be my guest.

I agree, and it's not just high frequency, it's high bandwidth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back