Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHF1, VHF3, UHF ...where is VHF2 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceprince

I'm from Romania and I bought a brand new TV last week.
"WINDSOR 55cm".
Everything is fine, but I belive that the tuner can't receive VHF2, and I'm affraid I'm missing some TV programs from my cable company.
I have VHF1, VHF3 and UHF.
If anybody can answer me , please do it .
Thank you.

BI is VHF low band TV, BIII is VHF high band TV, and BII is VHF radio - so TV's don't tune BII.

'Some ' TV's do include extra tuning options for cable TV, but most cable TV is encrypted anyway now so doesn't usually help much.

I'm from Romania and I bought a brand new TV last week.
"WINDSOR 55cm".
Everything is fine, but I belive that the tuner can't receive VHF2, and I'm affraid I'm missing some TV programs from my cable company.
I have VHF1, VHF3 and UHF.
If anybody can answer me , please do it .
Thank you.
varactor tuners in the USA, such as those in VCRs had "VHF-low, VHF-high, and UHF" switches in them because of the gap between channel 6 and channel 7 (which included the FM broadcast band, aircraft band, vhf marine band, and other uses.
i don't know how Romania manages their spectrum allocations, but VHF1, VHF2, and VHF3 could be official designations for those bands, or it might just be a convenient way the manufacturer of the TV names them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back