Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

very very VERY lof frequency generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that come from one of those silly patents that has no possibility of working in real life?

I wonder if the field from 1.5 volts at 1 milliHz is going to have ANY significant effect on the plasma inside a "220v 60Hz" driven fluoro tube where the plasma cycles quite violently at 60Hz...

No.. You've misread the information. MHz = A million cycles per second.
1MHz means 1,000,000 times or 500nS period to go from +Vpp to -Vpp

0.1MHz = 100KHz. Even most audio oscillators circuits will run as high as 100KHz to 1MHz with a few minor changes in components.

hi,
Its prefix is 'm' not 'M', which is supposed mean 'milli' and 'mega'.

Has that come from one of those silly patents that has no possibility of working in real life?

I wonder if the field from 1.5 volts at 1 milliHz is going to have ANY significant effect on the plasma inside a "220v 60Hz" driven fluoro tube where the plasma cycles quite violently at 60Hz...
Actually I tried with a static filed generate by 12 V DC, to see if I were able to turn off the lamp as supposed.
I didn't.
Aren't electrons supposed to be deviated by orthogonal electric field and thus not being able to reach the other electrod, hence turning off the lamp?
I also tried with a 220V/50Hz orthogonal field with same results.
Maybe I should use larger plates for the "capacitor"?

That circuit wont do a thing to the electric plasma arc inside the tube. If you want to deflect or constrict it you need a magnetic field of fairly high power not a very weak static electric field.

Wrap a bunch of fine enameled wire around the tube and put a strong DC current through it.

Just because it has a diagram and a bunch of mathematic looking gobboldy gook attached to it doesn't make it real science.

Just because it has a diagram and a bunch of mathematic looking gobboldy gook attached to it doesn't make it real science.
It has been published on several different peer-reviewed journals, so I don't understand why it was (or why it does not work).

That circuit wont do a thing to the electric plasma arc inside the tube. If you want to deflect or constrict it you need a magnetic field of fairly high power not a very weak static electric field.

Wrap a bunch of fine enameled wire around the tube and put a strong DC current through it.

Exactly! That's what made me think of some of those kooky patents where they claim using ridiculously low field strength on some gadget will cause some magical effect... :)

Placing your hand around a mercury vapor lamp will have more effect than described.

Hi again,

What kind of effect are you looking for?

A simple PIC uC like the 12F675 for example, sells for 2 dollars or less USD. As someone else suggested, a 555 with divider circuit would work too, as long as a square wave is acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back