Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very Small Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a diagram or supply list for a transmitter that will do the following?

1. I need it to be small enough to fit maybe something like a large dice in size and demension. Or even like a small cell fone in size.
2. I need it to be low distortion. It will be used to pick up a conversation in a small crowd.
3. I would say the range needs to be at least +/- 500ft
4. FM radio would be fine but if a receiver could be built for it, that would be great..
5. The transmitter has to be discrete. VERY DISCRETE! NO outside antena
Battery only needs to be good for maybe 2hrs so maybe a large watch battery or several or those type of batterys.

It is illegal to eavesdrop on people. Shame on you. Mind your own business!

I obey the law!

Its going into a cage where i have some very exspensive african monkeys. The cage is sort of small but build where i this transmitter is placed in the ceiling of it.

i just need to know if they are fighting

Before you said it will pickup a conversation in a small crowd and must be discrete.
Now you changed your tune and need to hear if monkeys fighting.
I don't believe you.

"It will be used to pick up a conversation in a small crowd"

"Its going into a cage where i have some very exspensive african monkeys. i just need to know if they are fighting"

eh? :p

A baby monitor would work for the monkey cage? The range may not be enough though...

He needs to hear what his small crowd of monkeys are arguing about. Maybe they are talking about HIM.:D

ok what ever you think . I have no reason to eavedrop on anybody. I told you what i needed it for. I have a collection of animals. i said no antena on the outside too. That wouldn't imply that it might be ripped off. Thanks uncle scrooge i registered on this forum after i found it Needing some help because everything i found the net that would do the same is so exspensive. if it might get smashed why would i spend 1500.00 on it. WHy not build it for nothing. IF YOU WANT TO HELP FINE IF NOT PLEASE DON"T PEE IN MY CHEERO'S

Worse, every 2 hours, the monkeys will be fighting again until a recharge.

You did change the story quite a bit, I like the expensive african monkey part though.. I might need to use that one day (thanks).. :)

See if supercircuits.com has what you need. But they will probably ask if you are with law-enforcement though.

Also, I would not leave my Sprint TREO in a cage of monkeys. Imagine the long distance charges to africa and damage to it. :D

Just kidding with you of course. There are spy shops that have them too. If really for the monkeys a baby monitor would work.

EDIT: AudioG I am still lauging about "Maybe they are talking about HIM". Oh too funny.

Last edited:
The wages of dishonesty or the appearance of dishonesty are to be ridiculed and then ignored. Tch-Tch

Monkeys -- let 'em fight. If you deprive them of their natural behaviour they will become depressed. You can always find more to smuggle and mistreat.

Thank you MRAMOS1 . I ll hard wire it to the wall ele. but for now i am just experimenting. I have a family member that does a lot of research on speakers and mics and all. I mite ask him after i get the prototype built. He is a bit of an Aucoustical engineer ...

It is difficult to make a transmitter that stays on its frequency. It is difficult to make a sensitive radio receiver. Many small modules are made for remote opening of car doors but their range is not as far as you want.

I would just use two FRS "walkie-talkie" radios that cost only $50.00 for a pair and come with rechargable batteries and a charger. They work very well and have a range that is plenty. Then you can hear your monkeys talk about you if you want.

Don't eat soggy yellow Cheerios.

Actually, why not an FM transmitter? Very small. AudioGuru is right about the drift though. Cheap to make, I have made a few, one to send low audio from my TV to the couch while my kids slept (wife wife thinks I keep it too loud).. Two transistor version or better should be good. Range will be fair as well and antenna, well, hide it inside.

Use a radio to pick it up. I did one that I know went more than 100 feet through walls.

bananasiong said:
LOL :D
What is Cheerios? I can't find this word from the dictionary.

Now we all know what Cheerios are don't we? :p And Yellow snow.

Now you do not have your location filled in so maybe you don't. Either way, Cherrios are overrated. Was there a wikipedia on them? :eek: There is for about everything else? I am afraid to even search for my name on the internet.

Banana... comes from a country without snow (maybe high in the mountains where nobody goes), so no yellow stuff.
I don't think he eats Cheerios either.

I got this pic from Google. Enlarge it and it looks like a doughnut.
I wonder if Banana... has seen doughnuts.

Attachments

• Cheerios.JPG
    Cheerios.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 353
The link on the Cheerio is broke, I wanted to read more. :p

Banana,

My definition (n.), A 3/8" to 7/16" inch in diameter. Hard and crunchy. I do not eat them (wife does), I think they need fruit or sugar on them to make them taste good. Tradition is to have them in the morning for breakfast. But I hear single males have them for lunch, dinner and movie snacks. Sometimes mixed with beer, but still do not trust the yellow ones.

bananasiong said:
LOL :D
What is Cheerios? I can't find this word from the dictionary.
Cheerios are a breakfast cereal made primarily from oats. Small children often eat them as one of their first finger foods. Big people eat them because they are good for your heart and lower your cholesterol. Or so I've been told.

They are generally consumed either dry or with milk. I've never tried them with any other liquid.

If you put Cheerios in beer, they swell up huge, just like beer drinkers' bellies.:D

So that explains why some beer drinkers have big bellies, cheerios.

Off to cherrios.wikipedia.com to add that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back