Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

velleman kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielsmusic

i got a pic programer kit and connected it to my pc.
when i try to write something to it it says no "device id recived" any thoughts

It cant read the PICs ID.Each type of PIC has an difrent ID.So reading this ID can get you the PICs part number(Like 16F88,18F2555...).

Its probobly not reading right or you have an busted PIC.

Did you try to read it?

If you get evrything 3FFF or 0000 than that PIC is probobly busted or your programer is not working as it shod.

It probobly dosent.It just needs to know that PIC in inserted so it can program it right (The way its programed vary from PIC to PIC)

The velleman kit programmer is known to have bugs.
If you programmed the chip once with the intosc option enabled it is impossibe to get it into programming mode again with the velleman kit.

If you are trying to write something to a blank pic and ot doesn't work then something else is wrong, but what is hard to say from here :?

are there anything other programmers exept nigels i tryed that and it don't work :lol: no offence!

There is also ICProg(It probobly dosent suport your programer) and WinPIC(You simply make a configuration file and it will suport most of the programers)

Try checking if the programer is working right.

Take an multimeter an meshure the voltages.(There may be a fault in the programer)

danielsmusic said:
are there anything other programmers exept nigels i tryed that and it don't work :lol: no offence!

That's because the Velleman kit K8048 (i assume that's your kit, as i dont know any other velleman pic proggers) uses the Serial port. Nigels software is for a Parallel port programmer.

There should be software supplied with the kit...And some demo programs wich cause the bug i mentioned above :lol:

im the best at electronics, i just wanted try out a pic ,i never seen one in my life! so i bought a programmer and experimentle board. it was the cable that didnt work.

all i need to do now is find a good tutorial on basic so i can program it. it came with some cool programs that i put on and worked fine! :D
i tryed Nigel's but it is too complicated. very confusing :?

i will is soon i understand the princible of basic and assembler. i think c is the best language. 8)

danielsmusic said:
i got a pic programer kit and connected it to my pc.
when i try to write something to it it says no "device id recived" any thoughts

For information I had a similar fault Other symptom was the LED (LD9) blinked even though the switch was in the central standby position. Replacing the 5v regulator cured the trouble (faulty from build)

Rick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back