Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vcc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtiboy2001

Hey everyone, I'm new to the world of electronics and am trying to figure out how to read a schematic. I can see that there are alot of references to Vcc on a particular schematic I'm looking at? What does the Vcc mean? Does this refer to the positive side of a power supply and GND refer to the negative??

Thanks for your help!!

u r right

hi
u were right abt the vcc.its the supply voltage and can be called the saturation voltage ie the max value which can be obtained from the particular device neg supply need not neccesarily refer to gnd.its just
a point for lower potential.this might right now sound a bit confusing
ull under stand with experience.check out dual power supply ,i think u ll get an idea of i am trying to convey.
bye

Hi,
In transistor based circuits the power supply connected to the collector of a transistor to bias it is called Vcc (Collector voltage). Similarly in FET(Field Effect Transistor) based circuits you will find Vdd instaed of Vcc. In FET instead of collecter there is a pin called Drain and the supply voltage applied at Drain in called (Vdd).
Also in transistors the reference point is taken as ground (0v but not necessarily be). In FETs it is termed as Vss (Source voltage)

Hope you got the answer.

Kinjal

Now you'll also have a question that even IC based circuits have Vcc and Vdd. Thats because ICs actually contain Transistors and FETs in them. Thats the reason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back