Vcc vs Vss

Status
Not open for further replies.

banh

I've seen some schematics and see some pins using Vcc, while others Vss. What's the difference between two?

its just different names for different transistor technologies.

Vcc is the conventional name for the collector supply of a bipolar transistor and Vss is the conventional name for the source supply of an field effect transistor.

Personally I really hate these silly labels, and I never use them - I label +5V, GND (or 0V) and -5V, these are much more sensible than Vcc, Vdd and Vss.

i agree with u Nigel but most of the things that are conventional are silly!!!

we are taught these things in college and we have to work with them everyday and thats why they never disappear. it looks like we will have to live with them!

What is diffrence between Vss and Vs

In L298 motor contrl IC there r pins with Vs Supply Voltage and Vss Logic Supply Voltage so can u tell me what is differnce between thm.....

Salam Samad, welcome to the forum.
it'll be very advisable to open a new thread for your question but since you're new here it's okay.

Vs is for the motor power up, a range of 2.5-46V
Vss is the logic circuitry supply. Only 4.5-5V is needed, which can be derived from an LM7805.

I am so used to seeing Vss as ground that the use of it for a "logic supply voltage" seems odd.

Read the labels.

Somewhere, every Vwhatever can be traced to a power supply.

I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…