Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VB code for controlling robot through parallel port

Status
Not open for further replies.

upen

Can any1 help me and provide Visual basic source code for controlling a robot wirelessly through the parallel port of the computer...i am using RF module(434Mhz)....ive connected the transmitter to the parallel port of the PC and the receiver to the microcontroller.......but i need an application to send 4 bit data to the parallel port to control the various operations of the robot like motion and the camera....
Also if some one could give some tips on programming the microcontroller for the receiver.i am using atmel atmega16.

Last edited:
Can any1 help me and provide Visual basic source code for controlling a robot wirelessly through the parallel port of the computer...i am using RF module(434Mhz)....ive connected the transmitter to the parallel port of the PC and the receiver to the microcontroller.......but i need an application to send 4 bit data to the parallel port to control the various operations of the robot like motion and the camera....
Also if some one could give some tips on programming the microcontroller for the receiver.i am using atmel atmega16.

hi,
Unzip this file, its for working with PC's parallel port.
If you are using Win XP you need to copy the *.dll's into the Windows/System folder.
If you have VB loaded, the runtime files will be on the HDrive, if not download the free VB runtime files from the web.

Do you follow OK.?

Last edited:
Designing an 8-bit data logger

Hi
Am a 3 yr student under taking a Bacholar degree in Telecommunication Engineering at Kyambogo university Uganda.

Am undertaking a project to design an 8bit data logger to monitor voltage , store data and display a distance.

I intend to use the following componets
1) ac voltage source 240v
2)stepdown transformer240/5v
3)smothening circuit
4)stabiliser 5v dc
5)ADC0804
6)PC
7)RS23
8)Modem
9)copper wires
10)PC

Am on initial stage of gathering information.
P'se advice me on this project and provide circuit diagram for this project.
Regards
Jesca

Last edited:
thanks ericgibbs, I've been looking for an example like this to get me started.

and Muska, I'd help you, but you need to be a bit more specific with your questions, even if someone gave you a diagram i doubt they could make one that fit your needs and availible components with so little to go on.

Hi Triode
My project is to moniter performance of 240v supply from the national supply and display it at the distance say 50M.I want to analyse how often do supplied voltage vary from the set 240v

HELP: controlling robot using VB application

can any one give me a guide on how to create a VB application on controlling a
surveillance robot.

Do you follow OK.?
Attached Files
Parport4.zip (49.0 KB, 349 views)
the attach is not working it shows clear page

Do you follow OK.?
Attached Files
Parport4.zip (49.0 KB, 349 views)
the attach is not working it shows clear page

hi,
Re uploaded the Parport4.zip, please ask if you have a problem.:)

hi,
Re uploaded the Parport4.zip, please ask if you have a problem.:)

thanx alot
but it is still not working
when I click Parport4.zip it shows white page and nothing else
can you upload it on 4shared or any website and put the link.
thanx

thanx alot
but it is still not working
when I click Parport4.zip it shows white page and nothing else
can you upload it on 4shared or any website and put the link.
thanx

hi,
Looks like a Forum site problem.???

I'll try to load to my Forum Blog page...give me a couple of minutes..

EDIT:
Posted the zip to the Blog, but I cannot download from the Blog...........its a site problem

Last edited:
thanx alot ericgibbs,
I will wait the attach.

Hi,
Lets try again..:rolleyes:

EDIT:

Sorry, still dosnt work.

Send me a PM with your email address if you still need the zip.

Last edited:
can i also have that code? i'm also have like the same project that u have, but only i'm using the skxbee as my transmitter at the pc and one more skxbee as the receiver at the robot.

can i also have that code? i'm also have like the same project that u have, but only i'm using the skxbee as my transmitter at the pc and one more skxbee as the receiver at the robot.

hi suein,
I have added that PC ParaPart4zip to my Forum Blog. Download and unzip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back