variable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom hewitt

new kid on the block.
Iwant to do titanium anodising and require a variable d c power supply from 10 vdc up to 150vdc preferably in incruments of 5 volts.to purchase this i am looking at aprox $300 to $4oo-00 being an aged pensioner i just can not afford this so am hopeing to build my own.
I realise that what i am about to ask is very dangerious but having a small
knowlege of electronics and being very carefull in things i do i feel that it would be possible.
i would like to construct a transformerles unit, but require a circuit diagram of
it. being in australia the line voltage for domestic use is 240v ac. could any one help me with a circuit diagram. and may be a little help along the way
in my younger days i have worked on 415v circuits and studied to be a sparky but could not get a licence as my maths let me down.

thyanks in advance

I would make sure that capacitor is rated for at least 180V, the peak voltage of 117V is 165.4V or even more if the mains is on the high side, I would go for 200V if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…