Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom hewitt

new kid on the block.
Iwant to do titanium anodising and require a variable d c power supply from 10 vdc up to 150vdc preferably in incruments of 5 volts.to purchase this i am looking at aprox $300 to $4oo-00 being an aged pensioner i just can not afford this so am hopeing to build my own.
I realise that what i am about to ask is very dangerious but having a small
knowlege of electronics and being very carefull in things i do i feel that it would be possible.
i would like to construct a transformerles unit, but require a circuit diagram of
it. being in australia the line voltage for domestic use is 240v ac. could any one help me with a circuit diagram. and may be a little help along the way
in my younger days i have worked on 415v circuits and studied to be a sparky but could not get a licence as my maths let me down.

thyanks in advance

I would make sure that capacitor is rated for at least 180V, the peak voltage of 117V is 165.4V or even more if the mains is on the high side, I would go for 200V if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back