Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vacation Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownOut

Banned
It might seem odd that someone who hasn't worked in 10 months to be talking about going on vacation. But just because one in unemployed doesn't mean he shouldn't take a vacation ( I know what you're thinking: A vacation from what? ) But in those 10 months, I've been pretty busy. I've had two stays in the hospital, one was just last week. I've made repairs on my rental properties and demolished and rebuilt the back decks on my personal house. It's a second story deck, 12'X28', built mostly in the dead of winter, when everyone else who had a lick of sense was indoors.

But anyway, I'm heading to Ga in a couple days to hang out with my sweetie. Later this month, I'll be in LA ( Louisiana, not Los Angeles ) I'll hang down in bayou country and paddle through the Atcafalaya, before the oil slick gets to it, hopefully. At some point, I hope to get back to Chrystal River in Florida. One of my greatest vacations was spent there.

May and June might be a bust for getting anything done for me ( you know, like looking for a job ) But I intend to relax more in that time than any other time in my life. :)

It might seem odd that someone who hasn't worked in 10 months to be talking about going on vacation. But just because one in unemployed doesn't mean he shouldn't take a vacation ( I know what you're thinking: A vacation from what? ) But in those 10 months, I've been pretty busy. I've had two stays in the hospital, one was just last week. I've made repairs on my rental properties and demolished and rebuilt the back decks on my personal house. It's a second story deck, 12'X28', built mostly in the dead of winter, when everyone else who had a lick of sense was indoors.

But anyway, I'm heading to Ga in a couple days to hang out with my sweetie. Later this month, I'll be in LA ( Louisiana, not Los Angeles ) I'll hang down in bayou country and paddle through the Atcafalaya, before the oil slick gets to it, hopefully. At some point, I hope to get back to Chrystal River in Florida. One of my greatest vacations was spent there.

May and June might be a bust for getting anything done for me ( you know, like looking for a job ) But I intend to relax more in that time than any other time in my life. :)

Mate , you can never get too much relaxation. I'll bet that just when your getting into the swing of things with your vacation a job will pop up to disrupt everything. :)

Should be looking for work harder. Obama keeps promising to bring home the troops, then there will be another couple hundred thousand out of work to compete with. The economy is recovering, but there are still more people getting laid off, than finding jobs... Yeah, still trying to figure that one out. Guess Obama will just extend unemployment benefits a couple more years, to keep his votes happy...

Have a good time.

Last edited:
Enjoy the break and getting away for a bit of rest and relaxation.

I am looking forward to getting the hell out of Cleveland the end of this month for my annual "Ron Trip" as the wife calls it. I just toss a bunch of stuff in the truck and go... Have some friends in W. Virginia and then down to the Carolinas. No schedule and no real plan.

So enjoy your escape... :)

Ron

Thanks guys. This is the vacation I've waited 10 years for. I had planned for a month long motorcycle tour of the US west last year, but health issues forced that off my radar. Now I'm all better, and I might include a ride to south Florida as part of this extended vacation. And nobody needs to be concerned about how hard I'm looking for a job. My primary concern has been to get healthy again. That's finally been achieved. I've directed my efforts towards contracting/consulting, and there have been a couple close calls. I'm working a few angles now, including a job doing MPEG design in FPGA technology. Bottom line is my phone is starting to ring again, so that's a good sign. Fortunately for me, I saw the bust coming back in 2007, and saved and invested my money. I have a small income from my investments, so I can hang on and wait and don't have to work at Wally World to make ends meet. I think I've probably managed to increase my holdings over this period of unemployment by making repairs in my properties, so I'll come out OK. But it would be nice to have an income again, not to mention the longer I'm out of work, the harder it is to re-enter. But heck, I still need some vacation time, although my friends think I've been on vacation for nearly a year. Shows you what they know :D

OH, I'll have my laptop along with me, so I'll be able to check in from time to time.

Well, I'm finding the effects of my hospital stay is preventing me from making all the preperations. I'm trying to get all my little responsibilities finished, but I'm only good for a couple hours each day. Not sure when I'll have the energy to get the hell out of here.

Life is configured completely wrong.... it should be that the more we lie around and do less, the more fit and healthier we become. I want to become a slouch with a TV remote at my side and a box of candy on my lap.

Last edited:
Life is configured completely wrong.... it should be that the more we lie around and do less, the more fit and healthier we become. I want to become a slouch with a TV remote at my side and a box of candy on my lap.

As long as you keep the box of candy closed I consider it a healthy way to live. :)

You forgot to mention that we also should become wealthier doing less. :D

When I started my own business I forgot about the term "vacation" for the first ten years.

After the company grew I was able to delegate certain jobs to my employees, allowing for for extended weekend vacation only.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back