Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UV exposure box just stops working. need alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

I bought this exposure unit:
6nuhE.gif

from the following source in person: **broken link removed**

Things were working smoothly for about a year up until yesterday. I replaced the lights once with the same specifications as the originals and the unit continued to work.

Now today, I can't even start it at all.

I turn the power switch on and the red light comes on as expected, but when I press the red start button, the green light should come on and the lights inside should turn on, but neither of those two things happen.

I then go check the fuse itself with a meter and it indicates the fuse is NOT broken.

Is there a simple fix to this?

I don't want to resort to using an overhead lamp and a piece of glass because I have had bad results from that in the past.

If there is a replaceable lamp starter, that would be the next thing. There is a starter circuit of some kind that the red button activates.

Last edited:
I'm gonna check to see if wires are broken and all that because it would be crazy for me to travel 80km just for a new working unit if I can fix the one I got

ok I found out something got disconnected from the button but by the looks of the wiring i cant tell what to wire to the free button pin without me risking blowing the thing up

ok i fixed it. turned out inside that the wire was disconnected from the button terminal. I soldered it in and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back