UV exposure box just stops working. need alternatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mik3ca

I bought this exposure unit:

from the following source in person: **broken link removed**

Things were working smoothly for about a year up until yesterday. I replaced the lights once with the same specifications as the originals and the unit continued to work.

Now today, I can't even start it at all.

I turn the power switch on and the red light comes on as expected, but when I press the red start button, the green light should come on and the lights inside should turn on, but neither of those two things happen.

I then go check the fuse itself with a meter and it indicates the fuse is NOT broken.

Is there a simple fix to this?

I don't want to resort to using an overhead lamp and a piece of glass because I have had bad results from that in the past.

If there is a replaceable lamp starter, that would be the next thing. There is a starter circuit of some kind that the red button activates.

Last edited:
I'm gonna check to see if wires are broken and all that because it would be crazy for me to travel 80km just for a new working unit if I can fix the one I got

ok I found out something got disconnected from the button but by the looks of the wiring i cant tell what to wire to the free button pin without me risking blowing the thing up

ok i fixed it. turned out inside that the wire was disconnected from the button terminal. I soldered it in and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…