Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using WG12864B instead of 12864-F.. How ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solidus.. I managed last night to achieve around 15khz ( I'm going to leave it there ). I am working on the x1, x10, x100 so a complete optimization of the raster is required. I also need a trigger connected to the vertical pos for a stable display..

Soon... Ian

Hi again Ian.. A friend gave me another glcd (ABG128064A24-YHY-R) We can use if any problems occured with WG12864B.. Take care..

Hi Ian, solidus.

I have a (basic) unfinished KS0108 double-buffered library if you would like that includes a 5x7 font.

I also have some routines for drawing a line from point A - point B, a line from point A/length/angle, drawing circles from point A/radius and drawing boxes if you would like.

For a simple moving checkers pattern I was getting 80 - 90 FPS on a 18F4685.

If it'd come in handy just let me know how to zip my whole MPLAB project up and I'll post it.

Cheers Gobbledok, I used double buffering, but I haven't optimised it yet.. It's vertical lines I need optimizing when you have a square wave the smallest time span the screen raster is much slower ie.. 3 fps it flickers like mad...

If you want to zip the project just right click on the project folder and add to zip.. then press "go advanced" and upload the file...

What xtal are you using! 8mhz and PLL?

Ian

If you want to zip the project just right click on the project folder and add to zip.. then press "go advanced" and upload the file...

Sweet, cheers.

What xtal are you using! 8mhz and PLL?

Yeh, if I remember rightly. I usually always run 'em at the max speed because power isn't a concern on my breadboard :)

Sometimes I overclock too :eek:

The reason for the ask is.. the original project uses a 5mhz so he can sample the adc at 2 x osc but after 20 mhz we wont be able to use 8 or 16 x osc.. 32 will work out too slow,, It seems mad doesn't it.

What time is it down there (I need to skype a friend in Brisbane)

Ian

Hi Ian right at the moment it is almost 10:30 AM.

The only problem with skype is it is inconvenient to hide when the boss comes near...

lol

The software is as good as the original now... I can read in and display up to 15khz sine, square, triangle etc.. I'm just messing with triggering and X10 etc... I'm at work at the moment but I'll post another snapshot tonight. I won't stop until I like it.

Ian

Thank you Ian.. It works.. but I need help again.. I can't find 18F4620 here in my city.. Can I use 18F452 instead of 18F4620 ?

You need a pic18 with 3968 byte of ram ( half of that is for the double buffer) pic18f4515, pic18f4455, pic18f4550, etc.. all these chips are 40 pin PDIP's with enough ram.. there are more..

The 452 has only 1536 ram.. If you want to re-write to only double buffer the middle part of the screen, be my guest.. 128x64 is 1024 bytes of memory so putting it in the 452 will require caution as the stack is used extensively and there is an array of input variables.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back