Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using voice controller to operate an acuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

volks

New to the site. Looks good but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have started a project and think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I am attemping to use a voice recognition circuit to operate a linear track acuator.

Voice Recognition Circuit
Speech Recognition Interfaces
Speech Recognition Circuits
I am using the SR-07 with the SRI-03. I am using 3 circuits with standard output which means when one circuit is active (5V), it will remain active until another circuit is activated.

This is what I am attemping to do. Circuit 1 (Open) to run actuator one direction, Circuit 2 (Close) to run acuator other direction by reversing poles, and Circuit 3 (Stop) not running anything but being used to deactivate circuits 1 or 2.

Here is the actuator. 24VDC drawing approx. 2A.
Linear Actuators

Im at a loss. I tried to use a 555 timer with the output times corresponding to the open and close lenghts I needed. Well I scrapped that idea and moved the internal limit switches in the actuator and tried to use the 5v signal from the voice circuit to operate two relays, one normal and one with the poles reversed. Still no luck.

I know I am probably missing some key info here so just ask. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

To make things simplier, what I am asking is how to use a 5vdc signal to switch a relay of some sort to power a 24vdc actuator. The actuator will need to be powered for a certain amount of time then internal limit switches will stop the actuator. Is this even possible? Someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

yes - this is definitely
maybe u need to try with what resources u have
u can use some optocoupler to drive the actuator

I am not familiar with the use of optocouplers. I was attemping to use an electro-mechanical relay in order to keep things simple. I tried using a relay with a 5vdc coil rating and a 10A 24vdc contact in order to provide power to the actuator. I can get the voice controller to switch the relay for a split second and then for some reason the signal from the voice control goes to 0V.

Is the voice controller rated for the current the 5VDC coil needs? You may need a transistor to provide more drive for the relay, don't forget your flyback diode on the relay as well, or the circuit won't last very long.

Is the voice controller rated for the current the 5VDC coil needs? You may need a transistor to provide more drive for the relay, don't forget your flyback diode on the relay as well, or the circuit won't last very long.

That's what I was not sure of. I beleive it might be a TTL 5v signal. So can I use this 5v signal along with a transistor as a switch to use a 9v power supply to energize the coil? (See Attachment). Vcc would be 9v while the input would be 5v from the voice control. Flyback diode across the relay coil, correct? Guess Ill start doing the math of what transistor and diode I will need.

Sorry for all the questions but thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• TransistorRelay.gif
    TransistorRelay.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 116
Yep, exactly what I ment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back